Do you ever feel like 24 hours just isn’t enough time in a day to get everything accomplished?
I do! Especially lately. It’s always tough to get back on track at the beginning of the year. But I am really trying to get ahead of the game in some aspects. Because we are in the middle of moving, I am behind on certain things and ahead of the game on certain things.
I have gotten a head start on Valentine’s Day. I’ve been ready for it since January 2nd!
I always love to go all out for holidays, but sometimes, simple is better!
As I was laying in bed the other night, this idea popped into my head and I was wishing I could start on it immediately. Honestly, if we weren’t living in a temporary apartment and I had all my craft supplies on hand, I probably would have started it at midnight that night!
My best ideas always come to me when I should be sleeping!
Anywho, who doesn’t love a cute and easy DIY?!
Cute and simple DIY are my favorites. When the outcome is adorable and the project is not time consuming, it’s a win-win situation!
I thought this treat for Teddy to give to his friends on Valentine’s Day was a perfect idea. Also, it doesn’t involve candy which is a huge plus…hooray! I’m sure his friends’ parents will be thrilled about that too. I know I would be!
I took mini bags of Goldfish crackers and added a cute little tag! I’m not kidding when I say that it only took me about 30 minutes from start to finish to make them all (not including the printable). I included a printable for you to make your own for your kiddos! Yay!
Ribbon (similar to what I used)
2. Print your circles on sticker paper and then cut them out.
3. While your sticker sheets are printing, use your large circle punch and cut out as many card-stock circles as you need.
4. Once you have cut out all of your stickers, stick them onto your card-stock circles.
5. After your stickers are on the card-stock, take your hole punch and punch a hole on each side of the circle. I punched my holes on the same line as “in the sea” on the sticker to keep them in line. They do NOT need to be perfect. Perfection is overrated.
6. Take your ribbon and wrap it around your goldfish bag and pull it up through each hole. Then pull and wrap the ribbon back around the back and tie in a knot and you are finished!
Repeat all the steps until you have as many treats as you need!
See what I mean? Easy peasy and adorable!
I cannot tell you how accomplished (and relieved) I feel, that we have about a month until Valentine’s Day and Teddy’s treats are completely finished and ready to go! One less thing to worry about, come February. I will be thanking myself later, I’m sure of it!
What about you? Are you ready to start making Valentines for your kiddos? The earlier the better!