I love this fancy spin on a really easy (and classic) dessert. Caramel and salt just pair beautifully together with chocolate…it’s kind of sophisticated but so yummy, even kiddos will gobble it up. I used brownies from my grocery store’s bakery department to make this even simpler, but of course…you could use your favorite brownie recipe from scratch too. Whether you serve it as individual desserts or layer this goodness in one big trifle dish, your guests will think you slaved all day over this special dessert…when all it really took was a few minutes to assemble.
- 1 large (5.9 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (14 oz) can Eagle Brand Milk
- 1 (12 oz) Cool Whip, thawed a bit
- 1½ tablespoons Kosher or Sea Salt, plus a little extra to garnish
- 1 (8×8 inch pan) of prepared brownies, torn into pieces
- 2 cups of caramel topping
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pudding and milk with a whisk.
- Next, whisk in Eagle Brand Milk, Cool Whip and salt.
- In your serving dishes (or one large dish), layer a few pieces of brownie, some pudding mixture and then drizzle down some caramel on top. Repeat until you reach the top of your serving dish.
- Finish off by drizzling a little more caramel and then sprinkling a little salt on top.
- Keep refrigerated until you’re ready to serve. (The longer it sits in the refrigerator, the better it becomes…sometimes as long as 3 days.)
With a little help from the store, you can have these fancy looking (but simple to make) trifles whipped up in no time.
And these are perfect for holiday entertaining because you need to make them in advance…no scurrying around at the last minute getting dessert together…just pull these out of the fridge and wow your guests.
Fancy without the fuss is the only way to entertain this holiday season.